What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera glanduligera in bud

I an eager to see the flowers. It should be any day now.

Drosera_glanduligera_in_bud_%20002_r.jpg

Drosera_glanduligera_in_bud_%20014_r.jpg

Very nice Tamlin! I'm sure your collection is a wonder to behold!

Ludwig,

Things prosper and wane, come and go. Everything that didn't die in the freeze this winter is doing well enough, but there are always problems and delights. What I love most about the digital camera is I can capture that nadir moment when the color, the form, the flower are there.

Stop by anytime you are in the area. I'll make a lasagna or a gumbo for you!

Thanks Tamlin, I PM you, I have seeds for you. I assume your address is the same...

What's that little green plant in the corner? I had one of those growing on a leaf of a D. aliciae

I think it's a kind a bryophytes... a kind of mosses

Yes, it is bit of moss a tropical variety that is difficult to eradicate.

nice to see your plants are making a comeback! a few of my cool dews are sending flowers; scorpiodes, capensis 'red', schizandra, the works

Hi Tamlin. Would you say that after the freeze you've found more frost tolerant varieties?

Post freeze surprises were there for sure. The following were largely unaffected: D. schizandra (who'd have thunk it), D. regia, D. capensis. D. slackii and D. dielsiana are returning from their roots. Likewise the D. burkeana. The tuberous species have recovered, so all in all I came out fairly well although everything looks pretty sad that was in the room. The cold snapped the petiolaris into dormancy, and the seedlings did not recover of the tropical species. These plants although delicate appearing are tough survivors.

Well, the scapes aborted. So it goes. I can only hope that the plants will pollinate cleistogamously. I end this topic with a photo I took of the flower bud. This shot was done through a hand held loupe. 20 scans came out blurry, and then this one! The stalked glands on the sepals and scape look as if they are motile. One plant has not sent up a scape, so there is at least a possibility of future flowers.

Drosera_glanduligera_bud_with_glands_extreme_closeup_1_r.jpg

Back