What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera giveaway!

schloaty

Staff member
Ok.  I need some help.  I just "weeded" my terrarium...and now I have more drosera than I know what to do with.  I didn't want to just throw them away, so I packed up four packages ready to mail on Monday.  I need four volunteers to take on these poor, homeless 'dews  
sad.gif

wink.gif

The first four people to post to this thread by Sunday night at 9PM New York time will receive a mystery package a few days later.  Please 1) post your claim and 2) pm me your address.  there is no shipping cost, I am going to pay it.  

The types you might receive include capensis 'typical', 'alba' (or albino, or white flower, whatever you want to call it), spatulata and I think there's one adelea in there somewhere.  They are in various stages of develpement, some have already produced seeds, and some are the seedlings of those seeds.  I am not taking requests for types, since they are already packed.  I just need four addresses.....

READY, GO!

I'll will take some off of your hand. I just got a new mini greenhouse and I need to fill it up. Thanks for being so giving. I will pm you my addresss.

-Ryan

Schloaty,

Count me in. I don't have any capensis believe it or not.
biggrin.gif

I have a great home for some.
biggrin.gif

I would like to add my name to the hat please! I grow mostly sarracenias and would like to expand my collection. I would be happy to send you some s. rosea seedlings as a thank you.

Brooks, Atlanta

Alright! I have four winners! No plants are going in the garbage!

Pressure, Snowyfalcon, Neprick and Sarraceniaobsessed, I will send out the packages on Monday morning.

thanks for providing homes for these poor, forlorn wanderers...

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

**update**

All four packages went out this morning first class mail. Please pm me or post here when they arrive, and let me know they made it ok.

-Dave
biggrin.gif

When were they suppose to arrive? It is Thursday and I haven't gotten mine. Sorry, I am just really really excited. I hope and think they will come in today.:)Cross your fingers!

Hey Pressure...

Not sure...I sent them out on Monday, first class mail. So, depends on where you are....

I think to your address it should be today or tomorrow (hopefully).
smile.gif

Ok I received them yesterday(Thursday). Thanks schloaty! They are all good. I can make out three spathulatas, a few adelaes, because my adelae is making babies and the look the same. That is about all I can tell. Maybe the rest are capensis.

Thanks again!

-Ryan

Pressure,
Excellent! I'm glad they arrived in good condition. I didn't pay attention to what I shipped to whom....I don't think you got "a few" adelea, because if I remember correctly I only had ONE in the "give away" pile....BUT I could be wrong....Guess you'll have to wait and see!
wink.gif

The round, flat ones are more likely either spatulata (more spoon shaped leaves) or alicaie (leaves shaped like long tounges).

Got mine on Thursday, in good health. Thank you again. I am potting up some nepenthes. Need to get them in good health for trading.

Thanks man, got them Thursday, but didn't have time to pot them till Saturday. They look good though and I think they will pull through.

Back