What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera falconeri

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>I noticed once when I had one of my Droesra falconeri uprooted to take leaf cuttings (during a period of active growth), first; that it had many more active roots than many other Drosera. and second that about 2/3 of the way down the roots, starting at the base of the plant, the roots were swollen and transluscent like they were encased in little bags of water, yet these structures were firm like set gelatin or agar.

Here is a photo of these structures, sorry about the focus:

falconeri_roots.jpg

Has anyone else noticed this?</span>

I haven't had the guts to uproot my plant, LOL, but I understand what's happening I think: It's late spring, and the plant is waking up. Forget the fact that it's home is half a world away! Summer's coming at last, and the new roots are growing.

Joseph,

When I am deflasking falconeri I find that the roots often look like this and on the odd occasion that I uproot one to send it out I seem to recall the roots looking similar as well.

Back