What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera burkeana / communis

Hi,

I'm currently looking for these two species. Does anyone have any spare seeds of these two plants (from correctly identified ones&#33
wink.gif
? Any hints, where i could get them are also much appreciated!

greetings from germany

Christian

Your best bet is Tamlin.

Christian,

The plants of D. burkeana from Dr. Studnicka at the Liberec are flowering now. If they produce seed I will share this with you. Good luck finding seed of D. communis! I managed to acquire some seed which has germinated. The seedlings are quite different looking than I have seen so this is hopeful.

Hi,

I really hope, your plants will produce seeds. It would be great, if i could get some seeds of Drosera burkeana. I'm looking for these two species already for a long time. I had many disappointments with these two. Lots of my unknown Drosera are a result of finding these two. Drosera communis seems to be even harder to find.

Christian

Hi Christian,
Please email me privately with your trade list - I might have some communis seed available shortly.
Also, true burkeana is around but the imposters outnumber the real deal by many times. I have a new unique one from tropical Africa which are only seedlings now, but once they get bigger, I will be sure to spread it around.
The other "burkeana" I grow came from a reputable source who was certain it was burkeana. It's a nice plant, but it's no burkeana....
Ah, and then there is recent seed of burkeana Johannesburg which I received (the person who sent them certainly had the real species) but none of the seed germinated...

Hi Christian ,

I'm currently growing a rosetted Drosera from Madagascar (got it's location)

it's either D.burkeana or D.natalensis

I'll tell you what it is when it's a bit larger

patrice c

ps : Christian , schreib mich privat an

Back