What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera and Plant Helper - Trichoderma atroviride

I've read that Ampac's Trichoderma isn't recommended for sundews because it will help some and harm others. I was searching for a sundew safe list of some sort but couldn't come up with anything. Who has tried T. atroviride with a sundew and found it helpful or harmful? Please list the name of the sundew and the particular strain of Trichoderma :)

no takers?

Pik,

I have recently purchased Trichoderma atroviride granules from ampac biotech and tried them on the drosera in my growlist. I did not see any problems with the plants.

I think I've dumped trichoderma on everything in my collection before and I'm pretty sure nothing's died from it before... so Heliamphora, Nepenthes, Sarracenia, Drosera, Darlingtonia, Dionaea, Cephalotus, Utricularia .. and I'm not sure if I've poured it on the Pinguicula yet but maybe I'll try this weekend..

Many Drosera are not too happy except in very nutrient poor soils. There has been some mention that pygmy Drosera are associated with mycorrhizal fungus but I haven't found any papers on this yet. Drosera regia appreciates some root feeding so it may benefit.

Use with caution and have a control (untreated group) and report back your observations.

Back