What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera adelae

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I think I've read before that you can get seed from Drosera adelae if you pollinate the flowers. I have done this on my plant.
I have taken off 1 or 2 of the old dried flowers to see if there is any seed. The flower just disintegrate. It looks like there might be some small greenish / yellowish things which might be seed, but thought they would be black like all the other sundew seeds I have seen so far. I do not think they are unripe seed, as the flowers have been dried up for weeks.
Has anyone gotten seeds from there Drosera adelae and what do they look like?
Thanks.

I never got seed but then again I never tried to pollinate them either.

I heard they are hard to get to get seed (they need two different clones I have heard). Anyway my D. adelae disinigrated b/c stupid worm got in my tank. Fortunatly my D. prolifera was in a different tank. Now if only I could get schzandra I would be happy without adelae.

what if you crossed it with another sister.

my schizandra is doing great thank god!

Well I guess they are not that hard. I know D. prolifera certainly deserves it's name
smile_n_32.gif

Back