What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream theater anyone?

• Thread starter Warlock
  • Start date
I've noticed that there are a few band threads here, and I wanted to start one about Dream Theater that wouldn't get lost within another thread. Has anyone heard of these guys? I know they're not totally underground anymore, so I figured that some of you might know them. My favorite album (although it's so hard to choose) is probably Scenes From A Memory. While we're on the topic of prgressive rock, has anyone heard of Porcupine Tree?

I've heard of them. I thought they were ok. I bought two of their albums about ten years ago. They were a little too progressive for me. As far as progressive bands I was really into Savatage. I still listen to most of their albums. They are still great.

I have a couple of their early cds.. I think the first one was the best of all I have heard though. Heck with all the garbage they play on the radio today, maybe I should go back and listen to the other stuff I didnt care for 10 years ago.. compared to today, it prolly sounds great. lol

Never heard of Porcupine Tree that I know of.

Cheers
Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 10 2004,5:15)]I've heard of them. I thought they were ok. I bought two of their albums about ten years ago. They were a little too progressive for me. As far as progressive bands I was really into Savatage. I still listen to most of their albums. They are still great.
I have Of Poets and Madmen. That's a great CD. Some of Dream Theater's new stuff is less progressive. You should check them out.

Dream Theater is quite nice, as is Savatage! Also Flower Power, Stratovarius, Ivory Tower, Mob Rule, Edguy, Kamelot, Fates Warning, etc... I also like the true old progressive foggies like Yes/Jon Anderson, Asia, Tangerine Dream, Jade Warrior and even Styx (before the cheesy days of Killroy Was Here/Mr. Roboto which was their downfall).

I listen to a radio station that used to play "Pull Me" by Dream Theater all the time about ten years ago. I'm going to start listening to Savatage soon.

i'm a dream theater fan. for me, awake is their best album. if you're looking for something a little more progressive from the dt guys, check out the liquid tension experiment. it's the guitarist and drummer from dt, with 2 other guys... it get's kinda crazy at times...

tech...

Actually, Liquid Tension Experiment is 3 people from DT, guitarist, drummer, and keyboardist. The bass player is from King Crimson. Were you aware that DT is touring with Yes this summer? They're coming to Allentown! That's only like an hour away from me!
smile.gif

Back