What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr. lavey vs the evil dead

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
Not sure when I'll have the time to paint these two I've got several new things cooking that I don't wanna take time away from. These are 5-6 inch high half figure sculpts:

First is the finished Dr. LaVey memorial sculpture (it's Tamlins faveorite sculpt - ha!
smile_n_32.gif
). This was my first "real person" that I tried. I think he came out pretty good, I tried to give the photo pose a bit of movement.
lavey2.jpg
lavey3.jpg

lavey1.jpg

lavey.jpg

Here's a gory zombie - the influence of too many HP Lovecraft stories!
cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

Now, run away screaming!  
mad.gif
smile.gif

thats waaaaaaaay too cool! awesome job!!!

Captain Picard?

Oops, double post!

Josh, that is incredible! Looks just like the guy....who looks like Ming the Merciless. Very, very good work.

Ha! Yes, I was tempted to mold the head and do one body this way and one with Ming's costume and tight leather head piece! I could still do that. Hmm looking at it now I need to round off the blade and add some more wrinkles on that coat!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Hi Josh
That is really good.How long does it take you to do that?
Bye for now Julian

It takes me an embarassingly long time to get them "primer ready" (I think I started Lavey in June/July and the zombie a few weeks before halloween). It's because I jump from project to project working off inspiration (or last minute panic). I really need to learn to make myself do one project start to finish before I start a new one up. It'd probably only take a couple weeks working on my off days a few hours each day if I tried to do only one thing at a time. I always have so many different things I wanna try!
I always sculpt the heads first (the hardest part) which I can usually rough in over one evening and get close to finished by the next night or two. Then the heads end up just sitting there waiting months for bodies while I'm off starting something new or even painting someone elses sculpts! I'm a bad procrastinator!

Back