What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double plant (Rafflesiana)

Hello - I'd like some advice from the masters here.

I bought a N. Rafflesiana here at PFT a few months ago, and it was actually two plants planted within half an inch of each other. They've been growing very healthily but now appear to be getting in each other's way - their leaves and pitchers are scrambling one on top of another.

Since they're healthy, I'm afraid to stun them by uprooting and separating them, but at the same time, I'm worried that if I leave them together, they may end up stunting each others' growth.

So - Is it possible for two Neps to coexist in such proximity even as they both mature (i.e. can I indefinitely leave them as they are?), or is a repotting/separation imminent sooner or later?

Thanks much in advance for any suggestions.

Leo

It is OK to leave them like they are, but you might want to make sure that the whole combined plants are potted in a large enough pot. Good luck.

Kim

Are they 2 seperate individual Raff's? Or is it one plant with 2 growing points?  
confused.gif
 I am assuming from what I've read it is 2 seperate plants. Your answer yeah you could repot them to seperate pots. I personally would but I would do it right now soon or wait until spring to repot them.

Back