What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know this is a little off subject but BCK are those pots sitting right on top of other vfts? It looks like your squishing 3 plants there
wow.gif

Oh and another thing ChronoKiento if I were you I would skip dormacy this year or at the most give it a slight dormacy like on a window sill. It wont hurt the plant none to skip it this year and give it time to build up some strength.
My personal opinion its too weak to live thru dormacy at this point and the change in temps could shock it even worse.

Cute little duck figurines.
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Travis @ Oct. 26 2002,05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BCK - You keep yours outside?

Would a cold windowsill do? I live in MI and winters are to cold. I put mine in the refrig last year they all died coming out of dormancy. Tragic lost so I only have and it survives I will get more next spring.

Thanks,
travis[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Hey cool, I live in MI too. Fridge trouble hun? Did you put them in a plastic bag and then a paper bag? If not that could be it, otherwise, try the same bag set up with the geroge(sp?) ... Your plants may have died for other resons... what exactly happend?

Unknownclown,  The two VFTs on either side of the brown pot didn't grow leaves on that side of the plants  
confused.gif

wow.gif
.  The one peaking out from the side the greenpot is OK, too. It's just the angle I took the picture from makes it look like it's under the pot.

Cabus, that's Scrooge McDuck and his niece Webby. I got them out of some cereal several years ago. Not in this pic is Bambi with a little blue butterfly on his tail.

The only reason my VFT is so weak is because someone cut off all of it's traps and it went into shock then it grew more then they collapsed and it fell off.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
....how do you pst images on this forum? I did it before but i dont' know how...I click image and it says please enter URL?

Ok you need to have your images hosted on the internet right click on the pic go to properties copy the address url and paste here where it says image
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChronoKiento @ Oct. 27 2002,12:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only reason my VFT is so weak is because someone cut off all of it's traps and it went into shock then it grew more then they collapsed and it fell off.
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif
....how do you pst images on this forum? I did it before but i dont' know how...I click image and it says please enter URL?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
we all know hun. Lets just hope it did an emergency shut down and didn't really die. After all, if they can survive being frozen and set on fire, their is a chance yours will make it, just do the deep dormancey treatment in the fridge and hope for the best come spring.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ Oct. 26 2002,08:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unknownclown,  The two VFTs on either side of the brown pot didn't grow leaves on that side of the plants  
confused.gif

wow.gif
.  The one peaking out from the side the greenpot is OK, too. It's just the angle I took the picture from makes it look like it's under the pot.

Cabus,  that's Scrooge McDuck and his niece Webby.  I got them out of some cereal several years ago.  Not in this pic is Bambi with a little blue butterfly on his tail.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
half crowners, mine was like that first year, now it's a 1.5 crowner (has extra patial row of traps that are colored a bit differntly... sort of weird)

Back