What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormancy question

just how do i go about putting Sarrs into dormancy. they have been under lights set for my tropical CPs and such. should i remove them and place them in a window where the day length is shorter?

Shorter photoperiod is a good start. From all what I have read and from my own growing experience I suggest you move your Sarrs to a cooler location as well.

-Homer

Shorter Photoperiod, cooler temps. And yes, i don't only have Nepenthes. I have S. Rubra, S. Purpurea, D. Capensis, D. Dichotoma, Two Venus's, on Darlingtonia Californica, and a BUTTERWORT.:D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (NepenthesMaster @ Nov. 07 2004,4:58)]Shorter Photoperiod, cooler temps. And yes, i don't only have Nepenthes. I have S. Rubra, S. Purpurea, D. Capensis, D. Dichotoma, Two Venus's, on Darlingtonia Californica, and a BUTTERWORT.:D
Just for the record (before someone else points it out... ahem Tamlin
smile_l_32.gif
  ) The second name of the scientific name is never capitalized. IE... Sarracenia rubra, Drosera capensis ect ect.

Cheers
Steve

Back