What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormancy over! fungicide question

Ridetsu

Gamer
At least here in Oregon it is :3
I spent a good hour or two yesterday going through my venus flytraps. I took out all the old and dead things, and found myself with quite a nice problem.
As i pulled them all apart and washed them off, i discovered that i now had a much larger amount of venus flytraps. I went into dormancy with 6 grown plants, and with my current count of how many new offshoots i seperated from the husk, i have about 19-20.
Sadly though, i lost one of my favorite traps - a big mouth with loooong stems. When i removed it from the dirt, i discovered a nasty little surprise - a fuzzy white fungus had congregated around the main root system... Sadly i couldn't salvage anything.. it was already in the core, and it had destroyed the main tap-root.
If only i had done this a week ago.... *sighs*

At any rate, i found this fungus on a couple other of my plants. I was able to wash it off on a visible level, but i am concerned that it may still be there... lurking within the shadows.
I've refreshed all my soil and such, and cleaned the containers out. I went to pick up a fungicide today - i was looking for Captan, but my local store didn't have it. Instead i grabbed a Fungicide 3 in 1 (fungicide/insecticide/miticide) that has extract of Neem oil, but i am worried its too potent for VFTs. Plus it advises not to use it after recently transplanting (should have read that a bit more closely before i bought it..)

Anyways.. Anyone got any recommendation? The fungus is white and fuzzy, and looks like a standard bread mold to be brutally honest. It only grew around the root system beneath the soil, and it only came about in the last couple weeks...
*goes to browse through some fungus topics*

aye, thats the product i bought.
I'm worried about using it though since i just transplanted them - but i don't want to wait too long in fear that the fungus will attack them while they are trying to settle in.

Back