What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dormancy in michigan

i just read the posts about dormancy but have one problem, in michigan during the winter it can be 50 degrees one day then -10 degrees for a week and a half. my VFTs are inside in temps ranging form 75-83 degrees. i have no way of cooling them off gradually, i was just going to stick em in the fridge around thanksgiving and hope for the best. its the only thing i can realy do, any suggestions?

-i just got them in may-june this year will they even need a dormant period this year?

Hey, I live in Michigan too...
biggrin.gif
I usually keep mine out all day then bring them in at night. Although only having 2 vfts so I really do not have that many to carry in. I am not sure how many you have but may work for you too. I do that until mid-Sept then I put them in my terrarium until Mid-November. Then the whole dormancy process starts.

travis

Back