What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormancy (again.... s-(  )

where can i find a detailed explanation about the vft's dormancy (site, or if someone wants to explain...)?? the symptoms, how can i keep the dormancy, what to do...;im a begginer, dont know many things....
smile_h_32.gif

does always after a dormancy, the vft produces flower? and how can i see if the flower stalker will be a flower or will happen "false vivipary"?? i live in brasil...when the dormancy happens??
if want to send it by email... thrbm@hotmail.com or thiago@cmbm.com.br

cya

Hello whiteknight! I hope with a name like that you have been defeating the forces of evil and rescuing many a maiden!

A few useful hints on dormancy can be found here. I doubt you'll need to worry about dormancy for several months yet - that's something that occurs during wintertime, whatever part of the world you come from. It can be 'faked' at any time of the year using refridgerators and what have you, but the natural method is best, if you have the right climate conditions in Brazil... which you might not. There's plenty about the temperatures VFTs tolerate and like on the above link.

I can't help you with diagnosing false vivipary before it happens since it's never happened to my plants. I'd not worry about it and just enjoy it if it does happen, though.
smile.gif

Back