What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dormacy Kicking In...

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture-6.jpg

Not too pleased to see this... I thought Summer was suppose to come before Fall/Winter?

I'm in Buffalo, so that makes a small difference.

Mine came out of dormancy and went right back into it after flowering. I guess that means the mid-west is next : (

Dormancy timing appears to be linked to the point of origin of the plants. My New Jersey Pine Barrens Drosera filiformis var filiformis and D. intermedia start going dormant the end of July/Beginning of August. Whereas my D. intermedia of unknown location and D. filiformis var filiformis "Florida Giant" and var. tracyi are still growing although I see the "Florida Giant" is beginning to form the "cotton ball" around the crown. This is a signal that it is preparing for dormancy.

While the D. xhybrida looks a bit ratty with all the bugs & stuff clinging to it - there's no real sign of dormancy ...
Dxhybrida-fall092609RS.jpg

Until you look closer ...
Dxhybrida-hibernacula092609RS.jpg

This one plant has at least 9 hibernacula on it.

Back