What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't text and drive... or else

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Hahahaha, wow. Over-the-top madness!

Since there's no description in Jim's post: It's a link to a "don't text and drive" educational video Red Pavement style. Pretty violent, etc, etc so be warned.

Where did that crazy title come from?! That's NOT what I copied and pasted. Can someone fix that?

What would you like it to be, Jim?

Lol! Crazy Title! I was thinking huh? But, i saw this ad on oreily other day. oughta have it over here in U.S., specifically teen and young adult channels like MTV, but spare the 5 year olds on nick and disney.

That wasn't disturbing at all. Lol. They didn't have to go THAT far to get the point across, though. :x

Maybe they do! lol!
We've had a lot of teeny boppers killing themselves in MN this summer cos they all pile in the car and everyone is texting (even the driver) and swerving into oncoming traffic. Making a law against it doesn't really do anything cos when you're dead a ticket doesn't mean much. Not saying "scared straight" is the only way but it may give kids with a conscience pause to think but the others are unfortunately probably still doomed.

Thanks for fixing it!

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I know that phones could be put on speaker. That minimizes the distraction. People also use earbuds. Something I don't hear people talk about is switching CD's and/or radio presets. Those also take the attention away for a second or two.

The cellphone thing was also what precipitated the Will Smith movie, called, "7lbs".

Ahhh! I just got out of driver's ed where we saw tons of videos like this... It's operation "scare teens into staying alive"

I don't know whether going that over the top is really going to be all that effective at changing behavior. I started watching that video with a serious mind set given the subject but after a minute or so found myself more amused than anything. At least for me it would have been more effective if they held the bad acting and drama and made something that I could take seriously (not that I would ever text and drive).

PSAs are always quite silly! :D

There's probably nothing anyone can really do to stop people (teens or train/tram drivers) from fooling with their phones while driving other than maybe having the phone become inactive when you get into a vehicle.

yeah, on the blackberry, theres an app coming out where it blocks all incoming/outgoing calls, except maybe 911 if youre going more than 10 MPH. needs to come standard in phones and cannot be removed.

Good thing that is coming out for blackberry awgaupp, i hope the other phones come out with it too, i had a close friend of mine killed in an accident that was caused by a driver texting....

Aww... i'm so sorry. That's exactly why it needs to come standard. it should be, you download it, and it never is deletable. I hope they pass a law all phones need this, and the providers automatically download it onto all phones with the network, although it would be difficult. This should be free too, because my dad's work phone doesnt let him get any apps though, cause they cost money.
what happened to the driver, sirkristoff? did they die too, or get arrested, or fined? Or did they get away. If i were in a crash caused by a phone, i would definately sue.

yeah, on the blackberry, theres an app coming out where it blocks all incoming/outgoing calls, except maybe 911 if youre going more than 10 MPH. needs to come standard in phones and cannot be removed.

Public transportation just got a whole lot more boring. :p

Back