What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this look dente to you?

I recently orderd this plant and i was wondering if it was really a Dente is it???

VFT.jpg

Your image did not appear, but I could open the link. Your plant appears to have longer 'teeth' than most of the photos of 'Dente' that I have seen. To me it looks more like photos that have been identified as "Sharks Teeth".

Check out some of the images linked at
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Dionaea.html

To me it looks like a dente flytrap. It has the saw tooth teeth. The commons are skinny and straight. Looks really healthy and Happy too
biggrin.gif

Travis

Did you order 'Dente', 'Dentate' or ' Dentate Traps '? They are three similar, but not identicle plants. Yours looks like ' Dentate Traps ', the only non tissue culture mutant plant in the group. They are known for producing more "normallish" traps in the spring when compaired two the other two in the group, but generally we don't bother with such distictions anymore.

I orderd the plant from this site, it is the Dente double plant option so i am not sure. and if people from the site are reading, thanx a ton for the plant it is extremly healthy and arrived hastely

I can't see the pic so i can't give you my opinion .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (saladshooter @ Mar. 29 2003,08:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I orderd the plant from this site, it is the Dente double plant option so i am not sure. and if people from the site are reading, thanx a ton for the plant it is extremly healthy and arrived hastely[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Well, I'm sure it is fine then. I'm sure someone will pop up and conferm the exact varrient eventually.

Hmmm... I can't see the pic, and I don't see any link.
confused.gif

Yah, I know, stupid url protected sites. You have to look at the sorce code to find the address. It is a Dente though, a real nice one at that, it's just got some of the classic traps mixed in like they do sometimes.

Back