What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you like freshwater snails?

• Thread starter SnapTrap
  • Start date
Anyone hear like fresh water snails? Especially apple snails?
Http//www.applesnail.net

Hi Snailtrap,

I like snails. I have red ramshorns in all my tanks. I'd have apple snails if they didn't eat my plants.

Bobby

I have two huge golden apple snails. Both in my 29 gallon Angel/community tank.

I have pond,ramshorn,albino ramshorn,aple,trapdoor,and melanoides snails.:D

I have apple snails, eared pond snails, vivas, melanoids, and small pond snails.
BTW Elgecko, are you by any chance the Elgecko of applesnail.net?

I have had about twenty apple snails in my life... my favorites were one that I think was a golden apple, and was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches around (little smaller than a raquet ball) and the little marks on his foot, I called them topigraphical, not sure what they are, were a vivid electrib blue. That snail, and another one I had routinely laid eggs on the bottom of the glass hood for me. The other snail was absolutely huge, larger than a baseball.. I have no idea what he/she/it was, but it was awesome, lived for about 4 years in my care.

I currently don't have any, though I am going to get a few to keep my wifes goldfish tank clean. I had two in it before, but went away on vacation for a week and forgot to put food in for the flock of goldfish... they thought the snails were suitable substitutes.
sad.gif
now, I have gotten her down to one Gold Moore, and were putting him in a 30 all by his lonesome with a couple of apples.

In the past, my favorite snail for a planted tank, are malaysian trumpets, they breed rapidly, and control all types of algae without damaging your plants...

SnapTrap,
Yes I'm the same person.

Well I'm Snailfan, though since I ran into a computer glitch I have'nt been able to post there.
The huge snail was probably Pomacea Maculata.

Back