What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Nep Seed Germinate In Bunches?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So about 2 weeks ago I noticed the first 2 seedlings (after about a month or so) in a pot of nepenthes seed. I have another pot of identical seed next to it, and both pots appear to be mold free and healthy. However, it is 2 weeks later and those 2 seedlings are still the only ones.
In people's experiences, will more pop up from time to time? Or are these probably the only two seedlings I'll get out of the 100 or so seeds between both pots?
Thanks,
Kyle

You will probably get more...mine come up in sets....a few here, a few there...usually over the course of 2 months.

So about 2 weeks ago I noticed the first 2 seedlings (after about a month or so) in a pot of nepenthes seed. I have another pot of identical seed next to it, and both pots appear to be mold free and healthy. However, it is 2 weeks later and those 2 seedlings are still the only ones.
In people's experiences, will more pop up from time to time? Or are these probably the only two seedlings I'll get out of the 100 or so seeds between both pots?
Thanks,
Kyle

Yes, they do arrive in bunches. I have had seed batches germinate over the course of an entire year -- from the first "arrival" at four weeks to others at over fifty . . .

Back