What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disembodied finger found in chili at wendy's!

News article!

Does anyone have any idea how and why this finger got in to a bowl of chili?

The woman who BIT IN TO THE FINGER is, of course suing for millions. And think of all the people who ate the chili that came from the same batch!

They don't know whose finger it was either.

This is just messed up!

Wonder if the person who lost the finger can sue the person who bit into it for damaging it?

Oh that article was in our paper. How do you "lose" a finger with out noticing? Actually the bigger question should be what type of meat are they using in the chili since no-one is sueing over a cut off finger.

What is she complaining about? Protein is protein.

The scary part is, that Wendys is about 4 miles from my house and I have eaten there many times.  Never found any body parts before, but then I never order the chili lol...

Most likely the finger was lost at the processing plant where the chili is canned. Thats why nobody in the store was missing one.

From San Jose Mercury news: "In confirming it was a finger, the county medical examiner also found that it wasn't badly decomposed and had a solid set of fingerprints. Conceivably, officials said, police could lift a print and perhaps match it to a partially fingered person through a database.

For now, officials figure -- since it was a jagged cut -- it may have happened on a meat grinder."

Yikes! I don't eat at that Wendy's, or any Wendy's so i think i'm okay.

Anyone else read Eric Schlossers Fast Food Nation? After reading it I'm not all that surprised.

anyone else think of the fact that maybe the person who bite into the finger planted it there in ploy to get money?  I just keep thinking of the people i know that will plant their own hair into sandwiches at fast food restaraunts to get free food, i mean a finger is just one step more right?   I think that if someone lost a finger it would be noticable and reported at somepoint, i mean a finger is something your going to miss.

ps this makes me glad that i do not eat meat.

Eeeeeww! This sound like the McChicken head-thing. I don't know which one is sicker
smile_t_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif
smile_t_32.gif

That is REALLY GROSS!!!But I don't see it say anywhere that she actually bit into it.*Niki*(Trapper7)
smile_t_32.gif

It was in our local newspaper, they said she bit the finger there.

I used to work at Wendy's...the chili meat is from hamburgers that don't sell. I suspect the finger came from the chili sauce part as opposed to the meat, because the meat comes from hamburgers that didn't sell! April

Or maybe it was in a hamburger...

Either way,
smile_t_32.gif

Yeah, I heard about this last week, what a PR nightmare
As to the notion that the finger may have been put in there as some sort of "cash grab"- I dunno, you'd have to have accessto a finger no-one wanted, and be allowed to hack it off- better be sure you're going to win BIG....

I am glad I'm vegan and don't eat really any processed food
biggrin.gif

But his story is so gross it gave me the willies

adds a whole new meaning to giving someone "The Finger"

What a great post from TunaSurprise lol.

LMAO @ Mabudon!!! "Giving the finger"!!! That's hilarious!
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

smile_t_32.gif

I'd keep it. It'd be a unique novelty. I also wonder if the lady who bit into it would technically be considered a cannibal. THen again there really wasn't intent to specifically eat the finger. Oh well either way it's an interesting story.

Also funny thing- the thread title "disembodied" just sounds funny to me for some reason... it is correct, I guess, but if it just said "human finger found", would people assume that the entire owner was attached?
confused.gif

I dunno, maybe that's just dumb
biggrin.gif

Yeah it should have been called "disemfingered"
smile_n_32.gif
*Niki*

Back