What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disaster!

SOME what of a disaster...

My mom was going to pick me up from Music camp (getting the music understood for Marching band, we have Band camp later in the year; hear comes the comments lol!
smile_n_32.gif
)

Well My moms boyfriend Thought that she was going to take her truck, well he BAcks up into my POTS! he totaly snaps one, and almost destroys My S. psittacina! The pot was totaly cracked in half, one of the pitchers (a baby one at that) was totaly snaped in half, the other ones smushed! We had to go buy New pots and every thing.
smile_h_32.gif

At least Im forced to do repotting stuff now... (is that the silver lining out of this all? or is the silver lining that only one pitcher got injured instead of ALLL my Newer sarr's!)

Just to close of a call!
smile_t_32.gif

Seems like you are unlucky and lucky at the same time. Well my Ex ran over my Martin HD28 acoustic guitar case, driving it six inches into the turf. Bad luck there. Good thing the guitar was around my shoulders and not in the case. Good luck there. <whew> Neither the case or I were ever the same tho.

Marching band? I was the Drum Major. Do you know the signal for avoiding piles of horse....product?

What do you play? The clarinet?

You were very fortunate. I had to pack up my CP collection last December. I used the biggest cooler Kmart had and doubled my plants up to fit in the cooler. The plants survivd the 7+ hour trip just fine..... and then disaster struck. I set the containers up on the kitchen window sills and my kids bumped them, knocking several to the floor. And while trying to fix the mess that was caused, I knocked over some more. I'd were lost. And when I was gone for a couple weeks in January, I had the downstairs tenant take most of them on her very long and wide kitchen window sills. But she wasn't diligent with watering them and even more species died. Could be worse!

Just think how it would be if plants weren't periodically run over, knocked down, stolen by birds, dug by squirrels, mummified by reliable friends and so on. Growing them could get boring after a while, I suppose.

The other good news is you didn't recieve my S. minor that you won in the auction yet... So it will be in good shape becide the others.
smile.gif

Here comes the comments? Looks like they are not coming...or are they?

"This one time, in band camp..."

Maybe I am the only one who saw the "American Pie" movies, lol!
I would say overall, you were mostly lucky.

Cheers,

Joe

smile.gif
Yep!
the signal for avoiding piles of horse, uhmm stuff, is to Raise Left hand! haha... I dont know what I would do if my Girlfriend ran over my guitar case! (Michael Kelly Acustic Bass) I would freak, but I would hopefully not leave the guitar case some where it wouldnt get Ran over! lol No I play Tenor Saxaphone, But I can some what play claranet, trumpet, and teaching my self keyboard. (Ive tought my self mostly the others) And we are playing Crazy Train as one of our feild tunes!

Band camps not that bad.. just alot of mental work, march this way play these notes watch out for every one ealse rember youre mark, roll step, ect, ect its all a pain! My band director (second year directing Marching band) is really accentric, and ive heard alot of things about him, and they arent so great.

Yea I dont know what I would do If I nocked over my Pots! I dont know what im going to do when I go away, how my friend is going to water them. I might just make out a list on when to water them (days and when to and stuff!) I allready have tons of other stuff hes going to have to take care of! Their need to be more CP people around each other so they can care for each others plants! lol!

Meh Im going to repot my plants later tonight...

yay sax! I played baritone through middle school/high school/half of college. never did marching band though. I had enough trouble playing the thing while sitting..

Started with clarinet and graduated to Fingerstyle Delta Blues Guitar. Keeps your fingers busy!!!

Well, I dont have a choice other wise I wouldnt do marching band.

Tenors way more fun than any other saxaphone (other than Saprano wich I have BUT CAN PLAY cause we dont have a good sound way to much highs and we got our first tuba in 3 years! yay, to bad its a freshman!)

Back