What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirt

There is a lot of dirt on the leaves of my sundew!  Any ideas how to get it off?

Several options come to mind:

1. Wait, new leaves will grow.

2. A gentle spray of the same water you water with.

depending on the type of sundew and the amount of dirt on the botom level of leaves. perhaps if you leave the dirt. more sundews will grow from those leaves. this doesn't mean cover the plant in your potting mix!
tounge.gif

later,

I second what Pinguicula Man said. If the dirt isn't too thick, you can always wash it off but usually the best option is to let the plant continue to grow. After all, it's always fun to have the contrast of nice dewy drosera leaves arching above dirty ones:

Dsc00005.jpg

I like how in the dew section photos spark spiecies ID's and compliment. Now I just need to get you guys into VFTs so their are more "nice plant" posts and less "you need to do blah blah blah", over their lol
wink.gif

Zach,

yes, the plant is venusta. Good ID work
smile.gif

Darcie,

if you think this is good, check out the ping forum. They sound three times as smart as us sundew people, plus they post more pics. hmm, I'll have to start growing more pings....
wink.gif

-noah

Back