What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dionaea house

I don't know if it has anything to do with flytraps or if they just thought it was a cool word, but I found this on SciFi Wire:

Warner Moves Into Dionaea House

Warner Brothers has pre-emptively picked up the spec script The Dionaea House by Eric Heisserer for David Heyman to produce via his Heyday Films banner, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The story follows a married man who has grown apart from his old friends. When one of them commits a double-murder suicide, the men feel compelled to investigate, eventually stumbling upon an evil force that perpetuates itself through tract housing, the trade paper reported.

Heisserer created a Web site last fall to build the mythology of the project. The site, which ended up getting millions of hits, was filled with fictional correspondence between the man and a friend who has since disappeared, the trade paper reported.

linky

i read the website.. and i don't understand a single bit of it. i'm totally lost and i dont see what it has to do with.. anything really.

It's to get some free press for the movie before it comes out. I'll have to say it seems to be working.

ok i researched it. apparently it's the latest buzz in the indie scene (which is stupid because it's going to be produced by WB) it seems to be a spin off od House of leaves and Silent Hill.

other than that, i don't think it has anything to do with Dionaea, but it does look good enough to go see in 2006.

Didn't I jsut read this in another thread? Why yes I did. So I will tell everyone here. It apparently has nothing to do with Dionaea but the house lures people into a room where they are eaten (I think). Kind of dumb if you ask me. They should have at least some giant VFTs eating people

yeah but it... vanished.....

Dionaea must be behind this.

Back