What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different shop light varieties

I decided that I wasn't happy with the light on my tank so I compared lumens at Home Depot on the 48" tubes and got the highest one-"Kitchen and Bath". I put them in and the output does not look anywhere near bright enough.

What type does everybody use? I know that T5s are wonderful and everything, but I can't afford different fixtures of any kind right now and have to work with what I have.

T12 standards. They are so un-special that I can't even remember the name.

xvart.

I use either t12 or t8's. usually daylight or 6000K. Regarding brightness, remember plants use different wavelengths than white light. That's why plant lights don't look that bright and give off that purplish glow.
Peter.

i use T8's............whatever is cheapest in a bulk pack..........

My wife bought me grolites. They don't look all that bright but supposedly it's a spectrum thing.

Lithonia T8s from the BORG. 50/50 4100K and 6500K. 4100K definitely makes CPs redden up...

Back