What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dieing sundews

My new sundews i got about two weeks ago are dieing and not perduceing any dew, and i have no idea why.
They are in direct sun 80-85 digrees about 6 hours a day plenty of rain water, good peet mose, in a litle pog garden with a sarr. anyone have any answers?

After I put my sundew in direct sun it started dying as well, so I recommend shortening the amount of time its in direct sun, and give it more indirect light.

FloridaDendro, I assume you are from FL and depending upon what part, the sun is waaay to strong down here for anything to grow in a pot in direct sun...especially if the pot is dark colored.  Put a thermometer in the pot and check it about 1:00.  I'll bet you get a reading of over 100.  Little "dews" just up and die at that temp.
Try shade screen, at least 70%, between 11 am and 6 pm.

Sounds like a bit of shock, going from one situation to another tha was too much for it at one time. As was suggested a gradual approach will work better.

Back