What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Die off

my sarras dont seem to be coming back from a bad die off . ive kept them in a very bright place but without the florida sun beating down on them in its full strength. the problem may have started becouse of sunburn, becouse they were in full sun but they have been in about 30% shade or more for about 2 months and there not recovering and i no longer have grow lights so they are not an option .the other problem is i had an individual s.purpea a very large one that went entirely unaffected and a couple that i raised from seed that are unaffected and all my sarras were in approx the same place i thought it may of had something to do with the soil becouse of this, so changed it out and nothing so far. any solutions,ideas, opinions would be very much apprecaited.

Some saracenias take longer to bounce back from a stressfull situation. I purchase a large number of saracenias that had just come out of dormacy. Some did not start putting up pitchers until the next year. Look at the base of the plant and check to see if the growth points to see if they still look healthy. I lost some S.purpurea to a wasting disease and the first thing to go was the growth points. Good luck.

Back