What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devil's Claw Seed for SASE

joossa

Aklys
I am offering seed of Proboscidea parviflora var. hohokamiana, the white seed variety of devil's claw for a SASE.

P9190003-1.jpg

P8300014-1.jpg

PA030001-1.jpg

-US ONLY.

-Please read about what a SASE is here.

-Remember to place a stamp(s) on your return envelope! If you fail to send the SASE correctly, I will not send out anything nor will I notify you.

-Include a note with your forum name on it so that I know who you are.

-Because I am busy with school and work, most SASEs will go out weekly every Friday.

-Most packets will contain more than 50 seed.

-All seed are fresh and were harvested in late 2009.

PM me if you want in. :) Check back to this post to see if your seed were mailed out and when.

-Joel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: 04/30/10

Seed has gone out to the following people:

-musamusa1975: 04/16/10
-limeslide: 04/16/10
-Winter Flurry: 04/23/10
-Raven01000: 04/23/10
-SDCPs: 04/30/10
-Jag: 04/30/10
-Lil Stinkpot: 04/30/10
-gr8oz: 04/30/10

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Hi, I was looking this plant up and I didn't see anything about it being carnivorous, is it?

It's considered to be quasi-carnivorous.

:D Sweet offer pm'd

It's considered to be quasi-carnivorous.

But is this the kinds with sticky leaves I'm wondering? Unless they all have sticky leaves.

Sticky leaves or not, I'd love to have some. I will pm you.

Hi, I was looking this plant up and I didn't see anything about it being carnivorous, is it?

They are not, but they catch insects via sticky foliage. They would grow perfectly in your area. We're practically neighbors, so I know they'd take off with you given our weather.

But is this the kinds with sticky leaves I'm wondering? Unless they all have sticky leaves.

Sticky leaves or not, I'd love to have some. I will pm you.

Yes, the leaves are sticky when grown properly and under ideal conditions. The young fruits are extremely sticky as well.

P5120021.jpg

Hmm...Interesting plant. Pmed :D

pmed

PM'ed. Thank you for the opportunity!
Do you water these with distilled or tap water?

got my seeds today.

Thanks again for your generosity!

Michael

Got my share. Had to pay extra 20 cents. :p

There is lots of seed still left for anyone that wants some.

As a side note, I have now gotten germination from seed that I gave away last year (2008 season harvest). So, if you got seed from me last year and still have some, then you will probably still get germination even though the seed is over a year old. However, if you want fresh seed, no problem, just PM me. :)

My seeds arrived today. I loved the little note that came with them :)
Thanks a bunch!

Got mine today. THANKS!!!

Now for the really tricky part. Well, OK, it can't be all that hard. I found one once, growing under the bench at a popular Nor Cal nursery. It appears the seed just fell out of a pod on display, and germinated.

Only one seed germinated, waiting on the others.
100_3461-1.jpg

Can you send me your addy again? Thanks!

Back