What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devil claw seeds

Hi everybody!

I have 68 devil claw seeds for trade or SASE right now. More pods open every day, so there will be plenty for everybody who wants some. Just post here and say how many seeds you want. I will trade for aquatic cp's or anything on my wantlist. If you don't have any of those, send SASE. U.S. only.

My wantlist is at: http://www.freewebs.com/horticulturist/mywantlist.htm

My address is :
Reece Halfmann
501 CR 434
Coleman, TX 76834

Let the madness begin.

i'd love some! sase goes out today! how many do i need? 5 should be good.

I just got finished counting the seeds from the pods that I picked today. There are now 331 seeds up for grabs.

very nice! Congrats on your devils claw I already have one about the size of a bush I just wanted to say congrats

I'd like some if possible! Thanks!

I'd love some (5); thanks. PM'd you.

Hey cool. i would like five.
P'med you.
Thanks

I'd like 5 seeds! (I don't have anything to trade though, sorry. ^_^;)

Also, do you think they would survive being in the fridge until next...May or something? It won't still be hot enough for very much longer here so I'm not sure they'd survive the winter.

There are still plenty of seeds left, but because everyone is asking for small numbers, it makes me think that you want 5 or 6 pods, which I am not offering. I am trading/giving away the seeds, not the pods. If you asking for seeds, bigger numbers like 20 will give you a higher chance of success.

ChronoKiento= The seeds would probably last in the fridge, but you could plant them in a pot right now, and then plant them in the ground in May if you want to.

But I thought they needed a lot of heat to germinate? BTW, I'll take 20 seeds if you think it's be better success. I really don't know how hard they are to germinate. Can you post some instructions on how to germinate them? I know you have to pour boiling water over them. Does that mean I could just pour the water over them and then plant them without extreme heat and they'll survive the winter as a windowsill plant?

I don't know how to germinate the seeds because I don't actually grow them. I found these in one of the pastures on my ranch. The answer to ChronoKiento's question is at this site. It says:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]First I put regular potting soil in a cup and put the seeds on top and wetted them. You may use tap water. Next I dabbed on a tiny speck of Gibberelic Acid GA3 with a pin, this is needed to break dormancy. I then sealed the cup an put it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, then took it out and put it in a warm place. After about another week the seeds germinated and I transplanted them to pots.You must plant these in the Summer since they will only grow when very
warm. The seed lasts many years, so wait for warmer times.

Nice! I don't have gibberelic acid but boiling water being poured over them apparently works. I'll store them in the fridge until May then. Thanks!

I picked three more pods today which added 140 seeds to the total. So, now there are 411 seeds for trade or SASE.

I didn't add this in the first post, but I will also trade for aquarium plants like Crystalwort (riccia grass), Marimo moss balls, or Dwarf Lily bulbs.

484 seeds available now.

Update
prizmbatch: Seeds in the mail
PiranhaPlant, chloroplast, and ChronoKiento: Recieved SASE today, will mail tomorrow
JustLikeAPill and captotterboy: I have not recieved your SASE yet
Outsiders71 and trainspotting: I still haven't heard from you

oh yeah i changed my mind. i thought i sent you a pm.

What a devils claw? :-/

Sorry m8 I'll get a sase out to you tomorrow or wed. Been really busy! Thanks!

Back