What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device for getting food into vft's

timbudtwo

Shoopdawoop
I was thinking (i know, god help us) about a way to get small animals into a vft's traps, then i thought. Well, a pvc tube owuld be good, but there not found too small and you cant see through them, then i thought, acrylic tubing, its cheap, durable, and see through! And can also be found in pretty much any diameter!

Somthing like this stuff:
416.jpg

Here is a link to get some acrylic tubing:
Tap Plastic - Acrylic Tubing

interesting...but why?
how would a tube be better than your fingers or needle-nose pliers or tweezers?
Im not getting the reason why a tube is needed..
Scot

I guess so you can isolate one trap and one bug(if you can do it without squishing anything) and have the fun of watching the trap function naturally. If you try to blow the bug through the tube, inhale before putting your mouth on the tube, lol.
Some of us mentioned in another post that if you have a little container for the bug, you can pop that in the freezer for a short time(1-5minutes) nd the bug goes into micro-hibernation. If you put the bug in the trap, eventually it will start to wake up. You can pre-trigger the trap if you want, and the bug will struggle as it waskes up and the trap will seal.

Uh...Tim...are you really asking about feeding ANIMALS to a flytrap?? Or did you mean bugs?

Please don't tell me you meant animals...
sad.gif

Suzanne

lets see...
kingdom: animilae
phylum: insecta

Well... Yeah, a fly is an animal, so i am speaking of animals.

scottychaos: whats cooler than feeding your vft with an acrylic tube, c'mon? feeding it with a glass tube maybe, but as we all know you may use it for more than just that
wink.gif

Back