What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dendrobium seeds for trade

I have an unknown dendrobium that has produced seed pods. I would like to trade for drosophyllum or byblis seeds. I would also take nepenthes and drosera offers. The seeds should be ready in a week or so.

You should put a disclaimer that Orchid seed needs to be sown in a lab on sterile agar media. I wouldn't want folks thinking they can just toss the seeds on some soil and expect plants.

Tony

this is true the seeds need to be germinated by tissue culture.

do orchid seeds have to be germinated in vitro? or is it just a more reliable way of ensuring plantlets?
Hellz

they dont have to be done in a lab. however your chances of germinating them in a pot of soil...............well i would almost give you better odds on winning the lottery. orchid seeds require certain types of fungus to germinate in the wild and they are practically nonexistant in hobbiest soils

Trying to germinate orchid seeds on soil is very hard. out of the many seeds produced mabey 5 will germinate. And it is hard to keep them living.

Back