What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dendrobium orchid seeds

hey guys its kirk, i got a dendrobium orchid that is in flower im getting about 3 or 4 seeds to the flower, i would give some to the first person and maybe the sconmd sase, now i wont move in untill wednesday but send sases to
Kirk Simpson
2326 thornhill dr.
colorado springs, CO
it might take a while and you'll probably get around ten seeds which are definately a experts seed

What do you mean 3-4 seed per flower? Are you looking at the yellow pollen packets as seeds?

Tony

Remember, orchid seeds cannot just be grown like nep seeds. You need either to get some special fungus growing on them to give them nutrients, or they need to be grown in sterile flasks where they are provided with all the nutrients. Though it might be possible to grow them in potting soil if you add sugar and fungicide...
Peter

3-4 seeds?!?!?! not likly orchid seed is finer than Drosera seeds. think "dust" you would definatly have more than 3 or 4 seeds multiply that by about 1000 and you would be closer. as said before it would also have to be flasked. its rather rare to be able to grow them from seed any other way.

Rattler

Not common for a home gardener to have a laminar flow chanber and flasking equiptment, some orchid companies offer flasking services though.

-Juan-Carlos
Miami, Florida
www.jcreef.bravehost.com

hey juan, just checked out your nano-reef, AMAZING! thats the best nano i've seen before, and i've seen alot! it's really fabulous. i've never seen a sphere-shaped nano before!

Hey Clint, thanx bud i'm glad you like it! Are you into reefing aswell?? That is by far my biggest passion; have a couple tanks ranging from small nanos to bigger tanks spread around the house
biggrin.gif

-Juan-Carlos
Miami, Florida
www.jcreef.bravehost.com

Back