What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Declining ventricosa?

EdaxFlamma

The Consuming Flame
I have this Nepenthes ventricosa that I recieved in a trade that got scorched outside in a fishtank that reached 115F for three days while I was away on vacation a few months back. It bounced back with nice new leaves (that look healthy) but the stem looks like a brown and battered stick. I am concerned that the plant is running on empty and about to give up the ghost but I'm not sure. The stem looks so dead compared to the leaves and I haven't seen this before. The Nepenthes that I have grown have always kept green stems... The larger images help I just didn't want to kill everyone with giant files.

1313648453_d08be9165a.jpg

Larger Image

1313648469_31c3a4a21a.jpg

Larger Image

1313648479_76fcfe2291.jpg

Larger Image

Can anyone give me there imput?

Thanks a bunch,
-J.P.

don't worry. You got a perfect recovering nep there. Keep doing whatever you are doing..... Just ADD a BIT OF HUMIDITY. In a couple of months it will reward u with pitchers. :D

All nep stems look like that. :D

you now how when a tree branch starts to poke out and its grren and soft? then a year or so later that same part it wood? same concept. just old(but alive!!!) material that has hardened.

Alex

Alright thanks! :) I'll mist it a little more frequently!

When I babysat a friends "Judith Finn" the stem stayed green *although it was young*. I also have an older ventricosa that has already flowered that still has a green stem but I'll take your word for it :D

Phew...

Thanks again,
-J.P.

DSC00035.jpg

hows THAT for a stem :)

Very nice haha and one of the many TC mutants am I correct? :)

haha yep! i turned it into 2 plants and now 2 other members have the plant. i no longer have it.
Alex

would this be one of them?

littlenep.jpg
[/IMG]

Back