What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

December Gallery

Hello all, here's a mega-load of Nep pics that hopefully are eye-candy... Enjoy!!  
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

unclesam.gif

N. lowii devoloping pitcher unopened:
N.lowiipitcherunopened.jpg

N. lowii same pitcher next day:
N.lowiipitchersemiopened.jpg

A little more opened:
N.lowiipitchermoreopened.jpg

Yet more:
N.lowiipitcherevenmore.jpg

All the way: (sorry it's not to clear)
N.lowiipitcheryetmore.jpg

N. glabrata:
N.glabrataoverview.jpg

N. jacquelineae:
Njacmature2.jpg

N.jacmature5.jpg

Tendril:
N.jactendril.jpg

N. lowii more mature and older pitcher than previous:
N.lowiimature3.jpg

(continued

N. maxima closeup:
N.maximacloseup.jpg

N. maxima pitcher:
N.maximapitcheroverview2.jpg

N. rafflesiana pitcher:
N.raffclose.jpg

N. rajah developing pitcher:
Nrajahalittlelater.jpg

N. ventricosa:
Nventricosa2.jpg

Nventricosa3.jpg

N. rafflesiana and N. ampullaria resting in N. gracilis pot:
Raffandampullaria.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
unclesam.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Nice plants but don't get soo close. Try using a large magnifying glass, it REALLY helps with clarity.

Hi lithopsman,

you might try using the macro feature of your camera. The camera is always focussing at the background and not at your plants. If your camera hasn't got a macro feature try increasing the distance to the plants a little bit to get them sharp. Digital cameras also focus better when using a uniform background without contrast. My old Sony camera also was quite worse focussing green things - so I always took about twenty or more photos and selected the best one.

Cheers Joachim

I use about the same technique as Joachim. I take about 15 pictures of each specimen, slightly changing the angle or distance each time. At least one has to turn out focused properly!

SF

Hey guys, thanks for the opinions! The camera I have currently isn't really set up to do closeups, even though it does have a macro. I used pretty much all of those techniques, and believe it or not, these were the best of each!
wow.gif
I'll try even harder next time. Thanks for looking!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Sweet plants! You have a real green thumb!

Thanks schloaty, I'm surprised you're able to say so with that kind of photo quality, but the plant quality I can assure you is better.
blues.gif
I'll work on the technique even more for next month's gallery... Thanks for looking!!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif

Back