What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Death toll

well, just took a toll of my plants today. I won't bore you with the specs, but I mismanaged the plants water over the winter in my garage, and lost about 35 pots of plants. 20 of those pots had at least two plants apiece. basically wiped my sars out, killed every one of my vfts. so needless to say, I am mildly upset. I will be posting a thread in the trade forum if anyone cares to check it out. I am basically sick right now. I learned a valuable lesson, but it cost me a bunch. just had to vent

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrwt644 @ May 23 2005,5:14)]well, just took a toll of my plants today.  I won't bore  you with the specs, but I mismanaged the plants water over the winter in my garage, and lost about 35 pots of plants.  20 of those pots had at least two plants apiece.  basically wiped my sars out, killed every one of my vfts.  so needless to say, I am mildly upset.  I will be posting a thread in the trade forum if anyone cares to check it out.  I am basically sick right now.  I learned a valuable lesson, but it cost me a bunch.  just had to vent
I expect a full morbidity & mortality report, detailing the failures that lead to the deaths of your plants, that others may learn from your mistakes.

I will provide you with some replacements if you do this.

Me too!

Me three. But I'll probably only be able to replace the ones you didn't have in the first place
smile_n_32.gif

Dang! sorry for your losses! But, if you can explain to us what you feel you did/did not do correctly..you can help other people with your experience!

Been there myself. Only not with Cp's. Rare prairie plants, in my case. aprilh

in a nutshell, I kept too much water on the plants in the winter. overwateredthem.
I lost s. scarlet belle, five s. purps, s. judith hindle, s. f2 hybrid, vft red dragon, s. rubra, 35 vft typical, 4 s. pssitancia, s. alata , s. minor x, s. minor, 4 s. leuco red, 4 s. leuco titan, s. oreo x j alata, s. albamensis. yeah, that about does it. kinda sick to my stomach right now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrwt644 @ May 24 2005,3:12)]in a nutshell, I kept too much water on the plants in the winter. overwateredthem.  
I lost s. scarlet belle, five s. purps, s. judith hindle, s. f2 hybrid, vft red dragon, s. rubra, 35 vft typical, 4 s. pssitancia, s. alata , s. minor x, s. minor, 4 s. leuco red, 4 s. leuco titan, s. oreo x j alata, s. albamensis.  yeah, that about does it.  kinda sick to my stomach right now.
This may sound silly, but how do you know you totally lost the sarrs? Are the rhyzomes complete mush? any white left at all?

Steve

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcrwt644 @ May 24 2005,3:12)]in a nutshell, I kept too much water on the plants in the winter. overwateredthem.  
I lost s. scarlet belle, five s. purps, s. judith hindle, s. f2 hybrid, vft red dragon, s. rubra, 35 vft typical, 4 s. pssitancia, s. alata , s. minor x, s. minor, 4 s. leuco red, 4 s. leuco titan, s. oreo x j alata, s. albamensis.  yeah, that about does it.  kinda sick to my stomach right now.
Unfortunately, I am a little low on VFT"s & Sarrs. (See topic on Bog Gardens and torrential downpours and a stream turning into a raging river). But I can supply many sundews and bladderworts!

Back