What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia Camping Trip

It was a very long cold winter here in the UK. Many growers lost Sarracenia. The serious cold started in November and dragged on well into spring.

Does not D. linearis look similar to capensis and is a true Northamerica species. I d rather like to think this species were introduced or has a greater distribution than known, than D capensis which is not hardy is introduced. There where no flowering plants, would make it easy?
Stunning sites I would like to see once.
Greetings Axel

These plants have been confirmed as feral D.capensis. There have been several accounts of this species existent in this population and several other locations in California. I have been since given some leaf cuttings from this very location and they are 100% Drosera capensis. The 2 species are only superficially similar and really can not be mistaken to the trained eye.

I put Drosera capensis into my bogs every summer and occasionally 1 or 2 will come back from the roots after a New England winter. They can tolerate quite a bit of cold sometimes.

Last edited:
Back