What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damage to browns bog preserve

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I recently went to Browns Bog in Ohio, with another member (Death66) and we found that some big trees had fallen across the boardwalk. There is no damage to the bog itself, the damage is to the trees at the entrance of the bog. I remember about a month ago that there was a tornado over Shreve Oh, and this damage is very consistent with tornado damage. It was dark when we were there so I can't say how bad the damage is.Good thing is that the preserve is managed by the Nature Conservancy, nature.org and it looks like they are taking the trees out.
If anybody else knows anything about this, let me know.
Thanks

I am free next Saturday for a road trip. If possible, I may stop in at the Shreve Bog and take some photos and do an overall check of the area. I hope the main section of the bog is ok. I would hate to see the populations decrease.

yep here is a pic of the damage in which ozzy speaks. dont worry nick it seems that the bog itself wasnt very effected by what ever happened. (from what we could see in the middle of the night hehe)

huh....mark what happened here??? kinda loooks like a tree fell down huh..
wink.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

CP'S%20055-1.jpg

*i wonder what gave it away....perhaps the fallen tree??*

Hey Doug, Ask dumb questions , you get dumb answers
biggrin.gif

Hey why is that house beside the road?
Looks like they can't find their way home.:p

Sorry folks inside joke.
wink.gif

I stopped by the bog today. Only saw the one tree down and section of the boardwalk removed for what looked like repair. The bog itself looked just fine. All overgrown with tall weeds and a nice swarm of mosquitoes.

I will post some photos later.

Here is a photo of the same tree that ozzy posted. Its a bit dried up now and has yet to be cleared. This was taken 2 weekends ago.

ShreveBogTreeBoardwalk.jpg

Back