What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Spatulata

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
What kind of D. Spatulata is this?
HPIM0122.JPG

That looks like mine! It also looks like the one called Ahipara in the Dawnstar website. But the again, when I got mine, I couldn't tell if it was a rotundafolia or capillaris or intermediata or spatulat(h)a. I was doing a massive search to figure mine out and they all looked alike to me! Mine is a clump of many (`20) plants. I've been separating into other pots and the original clump sems no smaller, though I've been giving it "elbow room." It does NOT look like the pictures of kanto or kansai. Those leaves look too orderly.

You can easily tell at flowering if it is the Ahipara form from NZ, which flowers white. I don't think the plant in the photo is it though. My bet is on the Kansai form, based on the thin, gland free petioles and the abrupt lamina at the end.

When it fowers, I make another topic. It will probably flower this spring. It has tried to flower six times in the past year.

Back