What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. spatulata

W

Warped54321

Hey,

Today I recieved my D. spatulata, which is my first sundew
biggrin.gif
, that I ordered for a science fair project and I got a few questions.
When you plant the seeds and get seedlings and everything how long does it take for the seedlings to mature?
Do they require dormacy?
How long do they live?

thanx,

Me again,
I forgat to ask something. What is the very best growing conditions you all have had with Drosea's
Thanx,

D.spatulata is a pretty rosseted drosera. Grows best in a mix of peat/sand or peat/perlite, but i have my Fraiser Island form in LF sphagnum. Does best with humidity above 50%, but can thrive on the windowsill. It takes about 1 year in my expiernce to meet flowering size, but it can vary. No dormancy needed. Can live for a long time. I have a pot of spat's i got when i was 2, so far its been 3 years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a pot of spat's i got when i was 2, so far its been 3 years.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Wow Ceph! You type really well for a five year old!
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Warped,
In my experience, I sowed a bunch of Spatulata seeds on a pete/perlite mix. They took about 4 weeks for the first sprout to show. That was about 6 or 7 months ago. Some of them are now a little bigger than a quarter.

Back