What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.rotundifolia

i ordered large darlingtonia from spacer and to my surprise, the shgnum tht wrapped rthe cobra's roots were dotted with D.rotundifolia. will they grow well outdoors in sf? also, does this plant form a dormant "tuber" in the winter?

They are right here in my area. They are very easy but need an extended dormancy like Purpurea Purpurea. They will for the Hibernicula and will do fine in SF as long as you keep they cool like Darlingtonia in the summer and winter. I would just let them go dormant with the Darlingtonia.

as fast as they came, all of em died lol! I think something went wrong since they were still in dormacny or something. Well, spacer is nice enough to spare me some moe. Coo

Ha! Aww too bad. They are a nice Drosera! I got one that is large enough to consume a sppider around a hlaf of an inch big. It is very neat! Hope ya get some more!

Back