What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. regia question

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I have a D. regia 'Big easy' It is a good sized plant. I am intereted in getting some plantlett from it as I knwo some folks want some of it. I picked the plant our of the water tray and it has a HUGE root coming out the bottom of the pot. Do these guys grow from root cuttings like other dews? I remember when BobZ gave it to me he said his plant produces plantlets out the bottom of the pot, but so far mine has not done that. I dunno if it is because I keep it sitting in water or what.

Is there an easy way to propigate D. regia??

I think I answered my own question. I just did a search on yahoo and found an entry by our own Joseph Clemens, and it apears you can grow a plant from the roots and leaf cuttings on D. regia.

Keep us posted on how successful you are.

xvart.

I will. I will do a step by step if you want me to. I have someone who wants a D. regia, and I was thinking about trading him mine for a nepenthes seedling, but if I can propigate this plant then I don't need to trade the only dew I want to keep. LOL

Since I am trying to downsize I am only wanting to kep this one plant.

Back