What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. ordensis mulligans lagoon

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
i have 2 D. ordensis "mulligans lagoon" plants. they are planted in 5 inch pots and one is turning redish in the middle. it seams to be growing still. i have supplied a picture of this plant and the one that grows right next to it. please advise on if the red in the middle is ok, or the sign of something going wrong.

D.ordensis-mulligans-lagoon.gif

D.ordensis%20mulligans%20lagoon%20red%20middle.gif

thanks,

Browning in the center might be an early stage of crown rot. This is caused by humidity that is too high.

Though I have not grown D. ordensis "mulligans lagoon", I have grown several other Petiolaris complex Drosera. I find that, in good light, many of them color up in the center of the plant (the crown) and the leaf blades (traps) before the petioles.

d_dilato_petiolaris_a.jpg

very nice p. man!!! i hope that is what it its... this began to show up after having it in the sunlight for approx 4 hrs a day 2 days in a row... usally they get no sun, only artifitial... thanks for the pic!
later,

Back