What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. madagascariensis

Has anything like this happen for you guys before? My D. madagascariensis 'Botswana' produced a very, very long stem (7inches+). at the tip, there was the original plant, which was kinda lacking luster (little dew, weak looking). I thought it was the end, but unitl recently, I have found many madagascariensis plants come from the stem! they just popped out. no roots were presnt, the plants just came out from the latter parts of the stem (starting mid way up). Is this normal?

This is normal. Whenever the plant dies back, just leave the pot sit where it was, and the plant will return from the stem, just below the substrate.

Hi Zach,

My D. madagascariensis, which is a stockier form, did the same thing a couple of years ago. When the main stem started to lean to the side, a new rosette started to grow from the old stem.

D. madagascariensis seem to be very vigorous vegetatively, growing new plantlets from the roots too.

Regards,

Christer

So i see
smile.gif
, after moving some of the live moss from the pot, i found about three 1inch tall plants
wink.gif
. So 3 from the ground and a few more from the stem....oh joy!

Back