What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$#@$#$* d.intermedia seeds

Hey, i just need to vent. This is the 4th time i have tried to get this spieces to germinate, everything else i have in the terrarium germinated right a way and is growing like crazy. I have decieded that D.intermedia just hates me.

Does anyone else have a spieces of plant that hates them, something that no matter what you try will not grow for you?

Ktulu

Waaaaaaah!!!!!
The ONLY species of CP I meniged to germinate was the seeds of S.pssittacina(parrot pitcher)
I think I would be able to germinate more species now though.

D. adeleae for me. Can't grow it to save my life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ June 22 2004,3:51)]D. adeleae for me. Can't grow it to save my life.
Really?? Mine grows like a weed and flowers all the time! I don't think it would die unless I doused it in some noxious chemical or put in in the deep freeze!

ktulu,
my d. intermedia died too!! I ordered the plant this spring, put it in my bog garden, it grew great for about a month, and one day it just up and died!
confused.gif

It could be your seed was inviable...it happens if the seed isn't stored properly. It also may be that you did not give the seed a proper stratification: if this is the temperate form, it requires a cold stratification of at least several weeks, preferably with a snap freeze or 2.

Yes, some plants seem to dislike my culture. I have yet to be successful with either Byblis or Drosophyllum. Drosera indica does not do well for me, and my Heliamphora are not all I would have them be.

well first im glad to see im not the only one with a curse.

Tamlin, as for invialbe, everytime i was told that the seeds were just collected. For startification if have tryed anything you can think of involving a frige/freezer. I just think the plants some how know its me, and wont grow because they hate me.

probably darlingtonia but its beginnin to be not a problemm.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back