What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. indica

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Does anyone know if D. indica self fertilizes or am I going to have to help it?

Mine isn't flowering yet, or anytime soon as far as I can tell, I just want to be prepaired for when it does.

Thanks

Pyro

Drosera indica is an annual species that self seeds readily. I think you can expect a rapid decline after flowering. Seed dispersal is effective with this species, and you can probably expect it to become weedy in your pots.

On a private note, you better not beat me to flowering stage with this like you did with the Utricularia calycifidia or I will suspect you of Witchery, pure and simple :)
I begin to suspect you have one of those Green Thumbs I hear tell about!

Well if I do see flowers on mine I'll just have to keep it quite till I hear you have them on yours. After all, I can't have you suspecting me of black magic now can I.
smile.gif

As for me having a green thumb, I guess it is possible but that just begs the question. What do you have? I mean, your growlist is about 10 times as long as mine! :biggrin:

Pyro

I WANT INDICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol
smile.gif

Ceph,

Done. when (if) mine flowers and seeds I'll zip some to you.

Pyro

They say Green thumbs dont count with CPs... I call it a Carnivorous Thumb... Oh the possibilities... School fights, jaw hurts after the dentist so you cant eat, little brothers..... well, Anyhow, thats kewl... Hehehe

Back