What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. indica

A view of some of the D. indica as I was strolling through my grow area in the morning. As always, I must add that I'm a horrible photographer. I have seed if anyone's interested. Anyone have D. indica 'red' available?

SDC19834.jpg

SDC19835.jpg

SDC19836.jpg

SDC19838.jpg

Nice D. indica. :)

I've found that they are easy to germinate and grow, and have great tentacle movement. So if I were you, I'd try for some seeds. ;)

Cooool. Those are amazing!:0o:

That's incredible! I should probably take mine out of the mini-greenhouse and put it out on the porch.

Clue, I didn't understand the last part of your comment. Are you saying you want seed?

Jim, you should definitely move them out where they can get direct light. I have D. indica growing all over my outdoor grow area. They spread throughout the Sarracenia pots.

Wow, great job. I've never had much luck with these, so I may attempt growing them outdoors like you.
Also, I think that you should try requesting D. hartemeyerorum, because I don't think D. indica "Red" exists?

Clue, I didn't understand the last part of your comment. Are you saying you want seed?

Oops, sorry about being unclear there. :)

Well, I have more D. indica "Green" then I could ever want. So anybody reading out there, you should try for some seed.

Mannyherrera,

Is the D. indica 'red' you are referring to the same as D. hartmeyerorum? Or just D. indica with green leaves but red tentacles?

I guess I'm saying I want some D. hartmeyerorum. Anyone have some? Sorry guys, I'm mainly a Nepenthes/Sarracenia grower.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Oh, and by the way Clue...what you were saying made perfect sense. Sorry for making you clarify. I just didn't get it at the moment.

I may have to re-visit that next year. We only get Florida weather for June-August. It's almost fall, now.

Back