What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. hitchhikerii

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
I have had this plant for a couple years now and thought it might be nice to have its real name on the tag.
Unknowndew.jpg

This is what it looked like coming out of dormancy:
Unknowndewdormancy.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like D. intermedia to me . Healthy too !

My first thought was D. capillaris 'Long Arm' but D. intermedia does seem more logical.

If there is the slightest trace of hairs on the petioles than it is probably D. capillaris, else D. intermedia.

Probably Intermedia, because Capillaris doesn't go dormant. It just dies away during winter.

Thanks guys. I'll mark it as D. intermedia.

Seeds will give the final ID.

Probably Intermedia, because Capillaris doesn't go dormant. It just dies away during winter.

Looks Intermedia to me...Just have to say though that some forms of Capillaris (North American not South) do go dormant. I have one of those forms planted in my bog here in Tennessee.

-Josh

Now that D. anglica was mentioned, here's a 4.5 year old picture of both D. anglica and D. intermedia, plants that BCK sent to me, way back when:

Drosera_anglica_intermedia.jpg

And for the lark of it, he also sent a leaf of D. filiformis and a young D, binata:

D_filiformis.jpg

D_filiformis_California_Sunset.jpg

s_Wed_086.jpg

D_binata.jpg

s_Wed_084.jpg

Back