What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. hilaris and d. ramentacea

Still new to this list (but have been active in CP for 20years now), but I was wondering if anyone out there has any D. hilaris or D. ramentacea to trade. I have some other stuff to trade in return including small plants of D. cistiflora (white), U. quelchii and other stuff. I am trying to expand my SA Drosera collection and these are two that are missing...

Hi Utricman,

Welcome to the forums! You sound like my type of person!
Thanks for signing up!

I have yet to find anyone growing these wonderful species. I'll make a pact with you though...If I ever do source this material I will let you know if you will do the same! I have yearned to grow D. hilaris for the longest time, but it is just not obtainable. Sigh.

I look forward to your contributions to our Forum, and I look forward to learning from you!

Thanks for the welcome. I grew D. ramentacea some years ago and gave it to some people for insurance, but they lost them soon after, which happens (either that or they don't want to tell me that they still have it
biggrin.gif
).

As for D. hilaris, I would not say it is unobtainable. I received a root cutting of the plant two years ago, but unfortunately it was during the wrong season and it never took. Sadly the mother plant died also. You see, it is out there. It's just a matter of find it.

This is promising news! My heart pounds and my palms sweat, but I think you are familiar with this condition?
I will beat the brush a little harder and see what I can come up with for us. Thanks for giving me a little hope!

A couple of years back, Silverhill seeds offered hilaris seeds. Maybe they will do so again in the future.

Back