What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. graminifolia

some more of crissy's superior genetics... and her plants arent bad either hehehehe :p

graminifolia.jpg

thanks!
Av

So, is this like the tropical version of D. Filiformis? Any more pics of it?

Its not growing very vigorously for me...
I envy you :)

I see someone is having fun with their new camera. I'm jealous! :p

It's looking great Av. I knew it would enjoy your conditions. Mine is looking better, though it won't be nearly as red as yours. I'd wish ya luck, but you don't need it ;).

Crystal

EDIT: Ahmad, think of it as a highland Drosera. It prefers cooler conditions, and lots of light. It can survive warmer conditions (low to mid 80's) as mine has for the last year, but it's only truly happy in the fall and winter when it drops down to 70 or below (below is better, but not freezing). From experience it cannot survive freezing temperatures, even if sheltered.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider it too close to filliformis. The leaves are much more stocky and they uncurl from knots rather than neat little spirals. I've had great success growing this plant outside here in california in just the same conditions as my other plants. My plant puts out new leaves regularly but rarely has more than 3 healthy ones at a time.

Good job with it! Seems to need to be treated similarly to the of a D. regia - day/night temp differential, good lighting....

I have one that grows like crazy in my highland set-up. They are really nice.

Nice pic.
Mine got eaten by a baby slug. :( I think it came back from the roots but whatever it is, it's still in the rosetted stage and hasn't made any graminifolia-looking leaves yet. I'm going to give it another summer and then I'll probably just start calling it, "That thing that looks like a big D. spatulata."
~Joe

Joe it's probably already safe to call it. D. graminifolia can't be propagated via roots. Leaf cuttings in pure water are supposed to be the only way, and I'm yet to have any luck over various attempts.

Crystal

I know I know, but ive got a new toy.... bear with me LOL
graminifolia2.jpg

Av

That is just amazing. Great job.

Back