What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filliformis tracyii

My plant was growing great and now has some sort of white stuff on it. I don't think it's aphids... it just sort of looks like a white mass on almost all of the leaves. The plant is suffering. I'm thinking about removing all the affected leaves. Any advice?
confused.gif

This sounds like mealy bug. I have had it on non-CP plants, and it is fairly easy to cure. I wet a brush with a little alcohol and dab the affected spots. Look at the plants base just under the substrate, and if there is evidence of them there you might have to repot from bare roots: they can infect the root structure as well as above ground parts. Check often after the application, as you might miss the eggs which will hatch and re-infect the plant. After several applications you should be home free. Do isolate the affected plant fromthe rest of your collection as these can spread to healthy plants, and give your other plants a close inspection to make sure they are problem free.

Not what I wanted to hear but thanks TD.
smile.gif

Back