What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. filiformis cuttings for SASE or trade

I'm sorry they didn't arrive in good condition. Did they dry out? Get smashed? Give them a try anyway, they might surprise you.

They were the consistency of over cooked spinach and were translucent. I am giving them the good ole college try. We'll see what happens.

I'll be glad to replace them via a different shipping method.

I'm sorry to say it looks like my cuttings won't make it. There's still a smal chance, but the leaves are nearly all solid black.

sounds like they got cooked in the mail ,padded envelope is a must for these to get there safe

Too hot I suppose too for SASE. My bad, I should have thought of that.
PM me you address folks and I will send out a new batch by a better method.

will these strike in just water

Yes they will strike just fine in water, that's how I do mine.

Almost forget to tell you I got mine over a week ago.

Thanks!

when I send out plants i check out the weather for my location and where there going and if it is go hot or cold I wait for better weather ,,if you wrap with lots of bubble paper it will also help

since the topics hot- can i use my good ol' tap water thats good enough for adult cps (~14ppm) for a leaf cutting to strike or do i really need to dial the dissolvables down to zero.

Oh wait, what color were they suppose to have upon arriving?

14 ppm should be ok

I should think 14 ppm would be ok, but I have never used anything other than RO water which measures darn near 0, so can't say for sure. I figure I should give them the best chance I can to get them started.
LK, they should be greenish to slightly greyish. If they are black or brown they got cooked. Pick one up and check how sturdy it is. If it is a bit stiff, that is will stick up or to the side when so pointed, it's probably ok. If it's limp like boiled spinach it's dead. PM me your address if you need replacements.

I should think 14 ppm would be ok, but I have never used anything other than RO water which measures darn near 0, so can't say for sure. I figure I should give them the best chance I can to get them started.
LK, they should be greenish to slightly greyish. If they are black or brown they got cooked. Pick one up and check how sturdy it is. If it is a bit stiff, that is will stick up or to the side when so pointed, it's probably ok. If it's limp like boiled spinach it's dead. PM me your address if you need replacements.

Oh it was brown D:

14dn4aw.png

Well this is how it looked when I got it.

Yeah, that doesn't look so great. For everyone who has PM'ed me their addresses, I'll be sending out new leaf cuttings this week by better method. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back